Infinity Wanderers is a new magazine dedicated to promoting alternate history and the associated genres of Science Fiction, Steampunk, Historical Fiction and Fantasy. In addition we aim for between 1/3 and 1/2 real history and writers of Historical features are welcome to submit.
Whilst considered part of the Scimitar Edge stable, Infinity Wanderers goes out under the self-publishing 'Selornia' marque as a magazine, and not a book.
Issue 1 of Infinity Wanderers was published at the end of April 2022, and the aim is for a twice-annual publication, for Spring and for Autumn, with room for a Christmas and New Year Special.
Infinity Wanderers prefers submissions that meet the following criteria:-
- Flash fiction or short stories on the theme of alternate history or associated genres
- art work, poetry and miscellany with an alternate history theme
- Book features and promotions in the genre
- Reviews of books, films and television programmes in the genre, whether new or classic
- Interviews with authors or artists in the genre
- Press releases about books in the genre are welcome from authors or their publishers
- Where possible, please include a small biography and any social media links for all submissions, and for artistic works a blurb about the art piece
Please meet the following physical requirements
- Written in a free-flowing textual format (docx, doc, rtf, odt etc.). Please do not send us PDFs, or articles saved in Pages format. PDFs are not free-flowing and require heavy editing to remove the line breaks. Pages for Mac can save the document in rtf format, so if relevant, please use this.
- Generally a word count of 1000 to 3000 words, though this is flexible and there is potential to serialise longer articles over more than one issue
- We prefer attachments, although poems or articles within the email body can be accepted, at our discretion
- Unless there is an artistic reason for using a dramatic font, we prefer single-spaced 12 point Times New Roman; all submissions will be changed into this unless there is a specific request not to
Featuring a cover by Robin Stacey, The Shifting Sands is a globe-covering alternate history novel set in the aftermath of a world war against the combined might of the German and British empires. How will Lord Wolfe navigate the twists and turns of fate? Once the darling of the old British emperor in his role as Governor of the vast South African dominions, he finds himself shunned by the new monarch in London, relying on his Spanish connections for attendance at the peace conference. Together with his daughter Carlotta, Wolfe must adapt to a new reality, one that takes him home to Britain where his wealth might buy him land and house, but can it ever work to restore his lost influence in the affairs of men?
Alternate History & Science Fiction
In an alternate history, decolonisation of the Americas follows a vastly different timeline, and the British royal family remains pre-eminent in world affairs. Competing with a Bonaparte Byzantium and a French Empire under the Murats, the Saxe-Coburg British fight on an equal footing for recognition and influence. Follow 1400 years of history, from an alternate 1900 to the galactic empire of 3300AD where humanity inadvertently reawakens a terror that the elder races believed long dead.